A typical competence exercise might run as follows :
- Tailor the Competence Framework to the organisation's needs.
- Interviews are carried out with the Finance Leadership Team (say 6-8 people). The individual assessments are prepared and agreed with the individual, together with the individual action plan.
- The assessments and actions plans are agreed between the individual and the CFO.
- First draft summary of the organisational assessment for the leadership team is prepared, areas of exposure identified; remedial action and priorities proposed.
- Hold a Competences Workshop in which :
- the Finance Leadership Team debate and finalise actions proposed to mitigate exposure risks.
- The Finance Leadership Team and other senior finance people are trained to assess their reports.
|“||I probably knew much of this instinctively, but the process gives objective clarity and focus to our key areas of risk exposure.”|